that sponge cake!

11:32 PM


Okay, so I am still in search of how to make sponge cakes like my manager. She's Russian and I can't find any russian style cake recipe that is similar. BUT... I think I know why!! I recently found out about Chinese Birthday Cakes. And it's supposed to be this sponge cake with fruits and whipped cream... HELLO!! That is what she mostly bakes it with!! Jackpot?! So... here I am on my quest to find recipes to try and see which one works!

>> This is the first hit from google: Chinese Bakery Style Birthday Cake

>> And here's another I found from Soompi:
CHINESE SPONGE CAKE
(Gai Don Go)

1 1/2 c. cake flour, sifted
9 eggs, separated
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat egg whites until slightly foamy. Add 1/2 teaspoon cream of
tartar. Beat again till stiff. Sift together flour, baking powder
and sugar. Add to egg yolks; add water, oil and vanilla and beat
until creamy. Pour the mixture over egg whites gently and fold
until well-blended.

If using a 9 x 13 pan, bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
If using a tube pan, bake 35-40 minutes, inverting tube pan upside
down while cooling.

Serve with fruit topping and whipped cream.

from here.
(more asian recipes if you want...)

I think I will start with these. Yay! Can't wait to start using my new mixer! I got this for Christmas!! (although I'm still thinking about returning it since I don't bake often enough to see its use...)


You Might Also Like

0 Commented

Please let me know if you are following me on bloglovin or GFC so I can follow back. Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images