Aeropostale Shopping Experience

2:09 AM

I did a little online shopping last weekend because I needed to get a fresh batch of camis and tanks. And like always, I did not just get camis and tanks. I tried a couple of online shops and Aeropostale is one. I know they are tailored more to middle and high schoolers but, according to size charts, I have the body of a 15 year old so I get a pass.

One thing I notice about this shop is that everything is marked down - even their new items. My theory is it's a way to trick people into thinking they're getting a deal, because if you see the quality of their clothes you will know that the original tag prices are over their marks. Example, if you are going to pay for a $40 pair of shorts, you at least expect the stitching to be clean. NO no no for Aero. Items clearly lack a good run on quality check. So you think you are getting a $40 shorts, you paid $20 and you received a pair deserving of that price... so no actual savings on your part, right?

You just have to be smart. As long as you know what you're getting and knowing what to expect, you can play along in this old marketing game.

What I like about this shop is when they have final sales, they REALLY go on sale. Items out of season are the best. Like this puffy jacket I found that they priced for $120 (oh really now?) marked down to a low low LOW price of $17.00. Amaze-a-balls! No complaining here!

saving money tip

Being in Seattle, I'll most likely start wearing it by October. The best part is knowing that I won't feel burdened once I get sick of it. I know I'm going off on a tangent here but... I still have my boring North Face jackets even though I am tired of wearing those. I feel like I need get a little more wear out of them just to justify how much they cost. And yes, I confess, I bought my first North Face to conform. Everyone everywhere had one!!! But hey, they have really kept me warm comparing to other jackets I own, and I get cold easily so I appreciate the comfort I get.

Back to original topic...

My order came in today and after trying them on, about half will be returned. I probably won't shop there again until next year summer... maybe I can score another jacket or coat? LOL!

You Might Also Like

1 Commented

  1. That $17 jacket is a steal! I don't usually shop for clothes online. It's either too big, smaller, or damaged.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you are following me on bloglovin or GFC so I can follow back. Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images