I hate this bareMinerals brush!

6:48 PM

I'm using my bareMinerals for about a week now and it's definitely a rediscovered love. I bought a starter kit in 2006 (I believe) and I remember liking it back then. I didn't have any problems with the brushes in my old kit but this new one is seriously SUPER SCRATCHY and makes my face feel like it's swelled up! NOT GOOD. I think the bristles are made of natural hair and I heard those can be rough on sensitive skin. It's a good thing I kept my elf Mineral Powder Brush.


But I don't really like elf brushes in general. I know lots of people say they're good quality for the price (and I got sucked into believing that). I've bought a couple from the Studio line and also the cheaper Essential line. Out of all the brushes I tried, only three worked out: Studio Face Kabuki Brush, Studio Powder Brush and Studio Mineral Powder Brush. I wish I kept the other brushes to show you all the shedding, the uneven bristles that poke my eyelids, and handles getting unglued. (Oh yes, I love using the oxford comma.) But that's not what this entry is about.

I like using the Matte powder


The elf Mineral Powder brush is fabulous at picking up the product and is super soft on my face. It's made of synthetic taklon bristles so I can buff buff buff without feeling like I'm dragging some itchy material against my skin, which is what happens when I use the Full Flawless Face brush.



elf's is smaller in width but it's more round than wide. Eeeuhhh! Just looking at the bM's bristles makes my face feel all itchy!

You Might Also Like

0 Commented

Please let me know if you are following me on bloglovin or GFC so I can follow back. Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images