New point-and-shoot camera: Olympus XZ-1

2:14 PM


J got me the Olympus XZ-1 I've been lusting over since it came out like 2 years ago! I like it so far, except for the underexposing of pictures which was a total shock to me because the online photos I've seen were all bright and sharp. I know I can easily fix it by adjusting exposure in-camera or post-processing but I was really disappointed as to why my unit is acting up, I feel like I got a defective sensor or something. And I know it's my fault for not playing with the camera in person first, but I was hoping it would be smaller than my micro 4/3 but there really isn't much of a difference especially since I always have the pancake lens on. If I attach the kit lens, then yes, the XZ-1 becomes a lot more pocket friendly compared to E-PL1. It's also obviously a little lighter to carry around.

PROS:
Nice DOF on images
Quick to take photos

CONS:
Underexposed images even in daylight
OLED screen is a little grainy
The freaking lens cap is annoying

Here is a sample shot SOOC using P mode, and ISO set to Auto and +.3 on EV.
XZ-1 underexposed
The camera decided on these settings:
1/25
ƒ/1.8
ISO 200
6 mm

I guess it's not thaaat bad... considering it was a little dark and I only had a little lamp on... but still...

You Might Also Like

5 Commented

  1. Cute camera! I've never seen this before, but it looks really travel friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been looking for a smaller camera and I might look into this one. I hate the fact that I never take pictures anymore because it's such a hassle to carry my dSLR. and with my iPhone - it never really goes anywhere more than instagram and fbook lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ako din! Puro tayo pictures dati!! I hope we can be like our old selves again. Pansin ko lang minsan, nahihiya ako mag picture picture sa labas... bigla naging mahiyain eh! HAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ash! Yes, it fits in my purse and I'm not afraid to be rough with it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find a compact point & shoot. I have 2 DSLR's and a bulky fujifilm and it's always a hassle taking them out.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you are following me on bloglovin or GFC so I can follow back. Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images